Film Otago Southland is a Trust funded by contributing regional councils and other organisations, as follows: Queenstown Lakes District Council, Dunedin City Council, Great South, Southern Institute of Technology (SIT), Central Otago District Council and Waitaki District Council.
The Trust acts as a point of coordination for filming activity within the region, striving to maximise the economic benefits of this activity, while raising Otago Southland’s profile as a world-class location in which to do business.
Current Trustees for 2023 are:
- Kyle Murdoch (Chair) – Nature Film
- Brian Finn – Engage Group
- Paula Jalfon – Executive Producer
- Rebecca Rowe – Dunedin based Film and TV Freelancer
- Cam Wood – ReelNZ Locations & Production
- Marty Mifsud – Screen Infrastructure specialist
- George Dawes – GPD Productions
- Matt Wong - Queenstown Lakes District Council
- Antony Deaker – Dunedin City Council
- Hamish Small – Southern Institute of Technology
- Steve Canny – Great South